Monday, October 18, 2010

The Prayer of Paul

In the readings on Saturday, Paul is praying for the Ephesians asking:

May the eyes of your hearts be enlightened,
that you may know what is the hope that belongs to his call,
what are the riches of glory
in his inheritance...
and what is the surpassing greatness of his power
for us who believe....
What an incredible prayer and what a gift the answer would be. To know the Hope in God's call on my life...to really know what He wants me to do...and to have complete faith and confidence in knowing it will succeed. To behold the riches of His glory as my inheritance...simply because He loves me...and chose me...and accepted me as his child. To live with the surpassing greatness of his power...to live free of fear...free of hesitation...because I know I am powered by Him...by His Spirit...the force of Life.

Father, this is my prayer for me....for all of us. That I may know you as Paul describes...that you are real and present to me in a radical way...a life changing way. And not just me...but be real and present to all of your Church. Transform us all...into Lightbearers...images of Your Son.

No comments: